By way of review, how exactly did evangelical Christianity end up on the pages of Time Magazine?
- In 2002, Eerdmans published the book Divorce and Remarriage in the Bible by David Instone-Brewer.
- In October of 2007, Christianity Today published an article by Instone-Brewer titled “What God Has Joined.”
- On October 17, John Piper responded to Instone-Brewer in “Tragically Widening the Grounds of Legitimate Divorce.”
- On October 18, Christianity Today’s David Neff clarified Instone-Brewer’s views in “Can We Talk about Divorce?”
- On October 19, Andreas Kostenberger responded to John Piper in “Clarifying the NT Teaching on Divorce.”
- On October 22, Instone-Brewer responded to Piper in “More from David Instone-Brewer on Divorce.”
- On October 30, Instone Brewer responded to Kostenberger in “David Instone-Brewer Responds.”
- On November 5, Time Magazine covers the debate in “An Evangelical Rethink on Divorce?”